- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Your Exam, Step 1: Optomap Non Dilated Retinal Exam
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. Dr. Silverblatt begins all comprehensive eye exams with the latest in eye imaging systems, the optomap® Retinal Exam. The optomap® Retinal Exam produces an image that is as unique as your fingerprint. This enables Dr. Silverblatt with a wide view, to evaluate the health of your retina. The retina is the part of your eye that captures the image, similar to the film in a camera.
Many eye problems may develop without symptoms. You may not notice any obvious changes in your eye sight. Diseases such as Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, diabetes, and high blood pressure may be detected thorough exam of the retina.
An Optomap® Retinal Exam provides:
- A scan, to show a health eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your doctor a more detailed view that he can't get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the Optomap® image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your file, which allows Dr. Silverblatt to review your images each year, to look for changes.
The Optomap® Retinal Exam is fast, easy, and comfortable for all ages. To have the exam, you simply look into the device one eye at a time. You will see a comfortable flash of light to let you know the image of your retina has been taken. The Optomap® image is shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you.
Please schedule your Optomap® Retinal Exam today. Next, on to Step 2: Automated Pre-Testing...
For more infomation on the Optomap® Retinal Exam, be sure to click on the Optos video above or go the the Optos website at: Optos